Thanks to everyone who entered the Giveaway! I cannot tell you how charmed I was by your answers. I have to say that I went into this thinking that at the end of the Giveaway I would give you the "right answers" what I found was that you had more "right answers" than I did!
Many of you guessed creative influences that I had not intentionally added to the piece, but in retrospect I must admit are clearly present in the drawing; a subconscious addition culled from the collective unconscious, the creative aethers, that we all have access to.
So for the curious, the creative spirits that I intentionally added to the piece are:
- Van Gogh - his face can be seen in the palette on the left
- DaVinci - Vetruvian Man in the stack of papers on the left.
- Shakespeare - his signature on the spine of the first book under the door.
- Virginia Woolf - her signature on the spine under Shakespeare's book.
- Hemingway - his typewriter on the right.
- Isadora Duncan - her ballet slippers
- Klimt - stylized carvings on the tree limbs
Some of the fabulous guesses made in the comments include:
- Lewis Carrol
- Anton Pieck
- J.M. Barrie
NOW! I extended the giveaway by a few days last week because some blogs had picked up the info and I wanted to give more people a chance to enter. I also added another winner.
The two print winners are Jenny Davies-Reazor and Sam (chosen randomly)
Since this was so fun - I'll be hosting another giveaway soon - so stay tuned for another opportunity.
To those that didn't win, but wish to purchase a copy of the print you can do so here: